Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hot Tuesday!



I voted! Today was hot Tuesday at the polls and I was there… 1st in line at the Hope Methodist Church! All in all it felt pretty good to voice my opinions (not that I don’t do that often enough). They didn’t have my name down as “registered” but I filled out some paperwork and let me vote. It’s a pretty good system I supposed, except Chris had some trouble. He is classified at non-partisan for some reason and they wouldn’t let him vote Republican. Turns out he has to call and change his status before the next election. I hope Romney didn’t need that one vote!

The local voting stuff is a little hard to understand. I’ve seen all the commercials telling me to vote Yes on this and No on that. I really wish there was a little more information on the ballets. Or, they could do it like Amazon.com does it… if you bought this product here are 16 other things you MIGHT like. If the ballet said, if you voted for Huckabee, you might like to vote No on this issue or if you voted Romney, you might like to vote Yes on this issue. Let’s all be honest… that would be helpful, right?

For the most part we are following the race for the nomination. Our friend Stephen even gave us some Romney bumper stickers! I’m going to hang it in the window of my office so everyone will walk by and notice I’m a fan!

1 comment:

Lindsay Jane said...

Kristen. This is a genius voting idea. Why have we not thought of it sooner. I think we should implement predictive modeling voting and online automatic tithing and we would be set.